Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thursday = Thanks


Here is my thank you card to all of you that have continued to look at my blogs even when I produce terrible ones like yesterday! Today I wanted to challenge myself to use a color combo that I had never used before. I found this color combo in one of my SU magazines and thought I would give it a try. I used the Rock 'n' Roll technique here. Basically, I took the flower stamp and inked in saffron and then rolled the edges with chocolate chip. It can bring some life into a boring stamp!

Card details:
Stamps: Petal Pushers, Riveting (hostess)
CS: Certainly Celery, Choc. Chip, So Saffron, W White
Inks: Choc. Chip, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Markers
Other: Soft subtles buttons, hemp twine, ribbon, circle punches, mini glue dots, cuttlebug

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is very nice...and you're being too hard on yourself! Yes, they can't all be winners but sometimes I think we may lose perspective (esp. when there are so many blogs out there!). Keep chugging 'em out...I'll be back!

kim said...

Laurie,
Another darling card, thanks for the inspiration!
Kim

Alice said...

Love your site! I was thinking about you making a name for Ron's locker and I think you should do it. Maybe a masculine theme, like a faux license plate or something! C'mon! Do it!

Alice