Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Card of the Day



My card of the day is a CASE from Lauren Meader's blog again! I love these colors together, it looks so bright and cheery! I also practiced my watercoloring using some of Julie's tips from Paper Pleasing Ideas. But....no matter how hard I try, I am just not a good watercolorer (is that a word?). Buying the watercolor paper has certainly helped my efforts but I still need lots more practice! I have really been enjoying cards and pages that take advantage of my collection of punches. I like to use them for embellishments because they can really help you fill up the space. I also used a punch to make a template, the small oval punch was used to make a stencil to sponge on the green to look like a patch of grass. I hope you enjoy!

The details:
Stamps: fun & fast notes, it's your birthday
CS: real red, certainly celery, choc chip, close to cocoa, apricot appeal, watercolor paper
Ink: black stazon, choc chip, certainly celery
Other: circle punches, small oval punch, red striped grosgrain ribbon

2 comments:

jjcreations said...

Very cute...I like the layout with the circles tucked in behind. Joan

Allison Rankin said...

This is super...so happy and fun!