Sunday, March 9, 2008

Card Box



I saw a couple of card boxes I liked on splitcoast and found a couple of templates. I stole this one from here, on the Paper Pleasing Ideas Blog. I am sure there was a template for the lid somewhere but I couldn't find it so my hubby helped me make one. The measurements for the lid are 7 4/8" x 3 5/8" and scored 3/4" on all sides.

I had fun using my new toy that I got a couple of weeks ago. The Stamp-a-ma-jig. I cannot believe that I have been stamping for 2 years and just now got one! It is amazing. I just think of all the cardstock I have wasted when I stamped a sentiment crooked. This helps you get everything straight and puts it where you want it! They are found on page 184 of the spring/summer catty for $11.95. It's a great tool, you should get one if you don't have one already! When I pulled my alphabet set out of the cabinet, I took advice from my fellow stamper, Tabby. She stamps out her letters on vellum cardstock and then leaves it in the box with the stamps. That way it is always ready to use.

The Details:
Stamps: jumbo outline alpha
CS: blue bayou, wild wasabi textured, purely pomegranate, groovy guava, watercolor paper
Ink: blue bayou, wasabi, pomegranate, guava
Other: ticket corner punch, silver brads, 5 petal flower punch, blue bayou stitched ribbon, paper piercing tools

No comments: