Sunday, August 24, 2008

Card of the Day


Hello Stampers! Hope you all have had a fantastic weekend! I have recovered from Friday night's stamp camp and did a little "just for fun" stamping today. I have expressed in the past that the Fall colors are my favorite so I decided to get a head start on some Fall-looking cards. This is the first one and I will post the second one tomorrow. I totally CASE'd this one but when I was saving the image on my computer, I did not save the web page, shame-shame on me. I hate not giving credit to the creator but I can't really do anything about it, I found the original when I was doing some major blog-hopping and I have no earthly idea where I found it. It was not one of my usual blogs that I browse. Anyway, thank you to the creator for the inspiration!

There are a few things about this card that you may not notice from the picture. The 4 colored blocks were adhered to the black cardstock and then stamped all at once with the grass stamp in versamark ink, the image doesn't show up on the black. Also, I used the horizontal slot punch to make the holes for the ribbon to slide through. Enjoy!
Laurie

EDITED TO ADD: I found the original! It is here on the Inking Idaho blog. I really liked this blog, she has bunches of ideas on there!

The Details:
Stamps: All Holidays (can you tell this is my favorite sentiment set?), Inspired by nature
CS: summer sun, garden green, close to cocoa, really rust, more mustard, black, vanilla
Ink: choc chip, versamark
Other: watercolor crayons (straight to the stamp, then misted with water), choc chip grosgrain, horizontal slot punch

No comments: