Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Directions for Photo Explosion Box



This past Friday night, I hosted a stamp camp at my home. A few of the participants wanted the "recipe" for the Photo Box project. Well, your wish is my command! It is sometimes hard for me to put my thoughts into words but I will give it a try. If the directions are unclear, please feel free to call or email me and I will do my best to get you thru it!

Box:
piece 1 (outside) - 7 1/2" x 7 1/2" scored at 2 1/2" & 5" in both directions
piece 2 (middle) - 6 3/4" x 6 3/4" scored at 2 1/4" & 4 1/2" in both directions
piece 3 (inside) - 6" X 6" scored at 2" & 4" in both directions

cut out all 4 corners on each piece - this will make it look like a plus sign (+) and keep your scraps to mat the other colors. When you stamp the outside piece, keep in mind that you will be folding the sides up and don't stamp it upside down (way to go, Angela!).

Lid:
3 1/2" x 3 1/2" scored at 1/2" on all 4 sides.
Make slits on one side of each corner to make a tab to fold in and punch for a brad. Decorate the lid as you would like.

You can fill the box with little cut out pictures of family and friends. It would be cute sitting on your desk at work! It would also make a nice teacher's gift or secret pal gift. Have fun with this one and don't forget to call me if you get stuck!!

No comments: