Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Today's Inspiration




Hey girls! Is it Friday yet? I wish it was, I would rather be stamping than working the next couple of days! After a long, stressful day at work, I got on the computer to find some inspiration to do a card to relax. In my email, I had a post from Maria Bell with a sketch I decided to try. Check out her blog here. My colors came from today's color combination challenge on Splitcoast stampers. The challenge was to use wild wasabi (can substitute garden green), barely banana, and blue bayou (can sub bordering blue). I thought these color were great together so it wasn't much of a challenge. The little hedgehog is embossed with clear embossing powder - I didn't have any brown or choc chip embossing powder so I inked my image with versamark first and than inked in choc chip. This works alot like craft ink and works in a pinch if you don't have the color you need in powder or craft ink. Enjoy!

The Details:
Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes, Under the Weather
CS: blue bayou, wild wasabi, barely banana, w white, soft sky
Ink: versamark, choc chip, (markers: creamy caramel, purely pomegranate)
Other: ticket corner punch, scallop circle, 1 3/8" punch, brads, clear EP, blue bayou stitched ribbon

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hi Laurie! Wow, you did a fabulous job on the sketch. I love the color combo too! It really all works together nicely!

Maria